Monday, April 21, 2008

2am

Its 2am and i'm suppose to be studying for my test. Biggest mistake was to check facebook and then go to groups. Then pictures. Been blasting music for abit to block out the world. Andrew, i miss you. I know i'm suppose to be staying strong and heal. Somehow i have this sinking feeling. Now i kinda understand how celebrities feel. I'm not saying that i am one, thats not the point at all. I'm talking about loneliness. Yes, loneliness. Celebrities are rich and famous and some influential. Yet, they resort to drugs and alcohol. Some slip into depression, some just die. I think it's the loneliness that just ate them. Kept on devouring them til there's nothing left. What's the point of all the money in the world when you don't have anyone to share it with. Cliche. But it is one cuz its true. I sat in the bathroom for quite abit. Suddenly, i felt i was alone. Me and the 4 walls around me felt like that was what the world is. Thoughts flashed by like racing cars. So many, and sad to say, none were happy. Now i get why people do the things they do to relieve themselves of this sinking feeling. It's a dangerous feeling. Then, after awhile, I thought of you guys. All my friends around the world. I'm not alone. I have you guys. I just wanna tell u guys i appreciate all of you. Checking up on how i'mdoing. Without you guys, who knows what would've happened. Thank you. You guys cushioned the fall. I would've broke. I love you guys. WE lost Andrew,yes. But WE still have each other. Don't stop appreciating.

2 comments:

SGRMSE. said...

i loved this. it resonated with me. and again i say, though i know none of you and i never knew your friend Andrew - i am so sorry for your (collective) loss.

Ben Tay said...

2 thumbs up post