Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"Don't you try and stop me."

Doors open.
Your dad calls my name.
I stumbled in as fast as I could.
He said "Zil, he moved. Talk to him, please."

Holding back my tears, I whispered, to the tune of "Amazing Grace" that your parents were singing.

"Andrew, can you hear me? I know you can so just fucking listen. This is Zil, listen to me. Your boys are back. Are you listening? Your boys from Melbourne are back. 4000 miles. 8 and a half of the longest hours our lives. Your boys are back andrew, me, Tan and Chris are back. We didn't come all the way to see you like this so can you please just wake up? Can you hear me? Fight this Andrew. You know us RVN boys were never good at losing so why start now? Why should you start now? Fight it, Andrew please wake up. Shaun's coming back in 2 days. He can't sleep, and like the rest of us he's just not able to think of anything else. Ken's tying real hard but he's all tied down in Michigan with exams. Cruel timing, but his mum told me he's a mess. He loves you, I love you.. Your boys love you. Your family. So do the 40 people that are standing outside, waiting for you. So why don't you fucking wake up Andrew? Wake the fuck up!

We RVN boys never lose.

No matter what's the score.

So get up."




Singing stops.

And you moved you arm.

"Don't break down in front of his family." Chee told me, that morning.




Tell me, how the fuck?

No comments: